Thursday, May 1, 2014

And to think that I saw it on mulberry leaf


(Excuse the Russian-style lack of definite article in the title, but, hey, if it's got to scan, it's got to scan!)

Imagine my delight when I spotted this ladybug resting on a leaf, so tranquil that it played Norma Desmond to my Cecil B. Demille and let me get a close-up! (Hand-held rather than with a tripod, but that's my fault, not the beetle's.)


Which just goes to show that nothing bad ever came of scrutinizing mulberries. Or watching Sunset Boulevard.

{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

3 comments:

biobabbler said...

Hm... I wonder what all those yellowy white things are. Is it an illin' ladybug, perchance? Sorry to ask, just made me wonder about fungal infection, parasitism, etc. HOWEVER, a real beauty. AND I learned something about the Russian language. =) (p.s. Sunset Boulevard is AMAZING)

Anca said...

Was it raining? It looks as if the ladybug's spots are running, a kind of "willow pattern" effect. Beautiful colors.

Olivia V. Ambrogio said...

@biobabbler: I wondered about those bits, too, and I just don't know what they are--but they may be some kind of fungal or other growth. Hope that doesn't explain why my subject was so docile...
@Anca: It had been raining, so maybe this ladybug didn't wear his/her waterproof wings. :) --I know what you mean about the dripping pattern, and once again I am ignorant of anything but aesthetics.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...