Sunday, May 8, 2011

Glamour, Glory, and a Means of Transporting Hot Beverages


That’s right, it’s time to announce the winner of the Caption Contest! It’s Biobabbler (who has an excellent blog you should visit), with:


“Oh my gosh, is that Santa?!?”


Some excellent runners-up are:



“Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.”
(because "he looks like Rhett Butler")




"Did I make it unsafe to enjoy the sun without protection? I think NOT."




“I used to be a tap dancer, but I kept falling in the sink.”




“Chins high! The neck is the first to go, ladies!”

...And, for the title photo that was not technically included, a caption that will be appreciated by all people who go camping:


“Ok, how long do I have to rub these together to start the fire?”

Thanks so much, those of you who entered; I had a highly entertaining time reading the entries. And perhaps I will do more challenges along these lines in the future; stay tuned!

{A note: I do write all text (unless people are submitting captions) and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

2 comments:

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

The first three are smiling along with the jokes.

And they are good.

Shame the gorilla doesn't get it.

Lucy

biobabbler said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I will SO have to post this today. What a shock! I must say, tho', that it really just seemed like what that guy was saying, looked SO EXCITED and childlike. VERY fun contest, thanks loads. xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...