Monday, September 6, 2010

“I’ve Been Saying it for Years: Don’t Get out of Bed!”


(Not my line but that of a friend, Goldie Greenstein.)

Unfortunately, there have been very few times in my life when I’ve obeyed that injunction—but they’ve been good times. Other animals, though, seem much more capable than we are of following that advice. Even wild animals, who have to find food and mates, care for their young and avoid predators, seem to better able to appreciate the value of resting than we do. Of course, they also don’t have television.

In any case, there’s nothing like seeing animals enjoy a good snooze to inspire you to sleep in:








Happy Labor Day, everyone!




{A note: I do write all text and take all pictures. Please do not reproduce either without my permission.}

2 comments:

Anca said...

What an appropriate sentiment for a day celebrating labor by giving laborers a day off! Remember, everyone, Labor Day, brought to you by the unions and NOT observed in a number of Southern states.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I was just thinking I needed a nap and now I have some encouragement.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...